Join us for two events to #FreePeltier2016.
- Students and community stand out to demand clemency for Leonard Peltier on Saturday, February 27 at 2pm at the UNM Bookstore.
- To learn more about Leonard Peltier, there will be a screening of “Incident at Oglala” and a letter-writing event on Friday, February 19 at 5:30pm at the Albuquerque Peace and Justice Center.
For more info check out the National Student Day of Action: Demand Clemency Now for Leonard Peltier #ClemencyNow
Please read their press release here.
This is the last year of Obama’s presidency, and what many activists believe to be the last chance for Peltier to be granted clemency. We call on all progressive student organizations nationally and internationally to join us by taking action to demand Peltier’s freedom!
- Red Student Faction – UNM
- UNM KIVA Club
- UNM SJP
- Mecha de UNM
- Diné Relief Initiative
- Albuquerque Center for Peace & Justice
- The International Leonard Peltier Defense Committee